Make Your Own Ghee
May 20, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Instructions for making Ghee:
1. Start with 1 lb. organic unsalted butter. Unwrap and place in a medium saucepan on the lowest heat.
2. Cover until completely melted. Uncover and let simmer, still on very low heat.
3. The milk solids will sink to the bottom of the pot, and there will be white foam, which rises to the top. You may occasionally skim off the foam. Do not disrupt the solids that sink to the bottom.
4. When the ghee has reached a light golden brown, or dark golden color (30 – 50 min. depending on how low the heat was), remove from stove.
5. Prepare a clean quart size ball jar to pour the ghee into. Place a doubled over piece of cheesecloth inside a fine wire strainer. Put over the glass jar and pour ghee into jar. Let cool uncovered until it hardens.
6. No need to refrigerate. Use generously with your food, add to warm milk tonics.
When using postpartum, use twice or more as much as you would otherwise use. It's delicious, and so beneficial for hormone regulation, complete digestion, ideal lactation and so much more!
Christine is an ....